THERE WILL BE VOLUNTEERS HELPING YOU WITH PUBLIC TRANSPORT AT SAN FERNANDO TRAIN STATION AND AT CHICLANA BUS STATION!
HOW TO ARRIVE IN LA BARROSA
- By car:
- You can rent a car or book private transport at any airport.
- Chiclana/La Barrosa is situated on the E5 motorway linking Cadiz with Malaga. In Spain, exits from motorways are numbered according to the distance in kilometres they lie from the beginning of the motorway. Make sure you take Exit number 10 to La Barrosa! When you have left the motorway you come to a roundabout, take the second exit marked La Barrosa, and at the next roundabout, take the first exit. Drive through the pine forest to the next roundabout, where you take the 3rd exit. There are signposts to La Barrosa all the way, and you stay on the Cañada de los Carabineros until you pass a church on your right, then take the second exit at that roundabout. You will pass golf courses on both sides of the road and, passing a part of the shopping centre’s parking area, at the next roundabout, take the first exit. Follow the road with the shopping centre on your right, then turn left into the conference venue’s entrance.
- By air:
- The nearest airports are Jerez de la Frontera, Sevilla, Gibraltar and Malaga.
- By train:
- Spain has excellent, fast trains. The next train station from La Barrosa is San Fernando-Bahia Sur, just outside Cádiz, where you alight (for bus connections from here see below). There are direct connections to San Fernando from Sevilla (90 minutes) and Jerez airport (30 minutes), and indirect connections (ca 4 hrs) from Madrid (change in Sevilla) and Malaga (change in Dos Hermanas). You can book tickets in advance for high speed AVE and for middle distance trains. If you board the train at the airport of Jerez, you can buy tickets on the train. NEWS: THE SPANISH RAILWAY RENFE OFFERS A 30% REDUCTION ON TRAIN TICKETS FOR DELEGATES ON THE WAY TO AND FROM THE CONFERENCE. WHEN YOU HAVE REGISTERED AT THE CONFERENCE AND PAID, WE WILL SEND YOU A DISCOUNT VOUCHER, WHICH ALSO GIVES INSTRUCTIONS HOW TO BOOK TICKETS!
- By bus:
- From the train station in San Fernando, there is bus M – 120 (time table) leaving opposite the train station to the centre of Chiclana (every 30 minutes).
- From Sevilla’s airport, there is a flight bus taking you either to the railway station Santa Justa or to the bus station El Prado de San Sebastian (time table) from where you can catch a bus to the centre of Chiclana.
- From Gibraltar: Go over the border to the bus station in La Linea (map), from where the bus (time table) leaves for the centre of Chiclana.
- From the Centre of Chiclana, where all the busses arrive, take a taxi or Bus nr. 8 to ‘Hoteles’ (time table). The bus drivers will be informed and will show you were to get off.